Contemporary Fibre Art Awards 2019, presented by Arts Council Nelson
From Top Left to right:
- The award sponsored by Bernina NZ for a work of the mist creative use of a sewing machine goes to Rosie White (Wellington) with 'Structures 1, 2 and 3' (image Structure 1).
- The award sponsored by Nelson City Council for the most creative entry with a twist on a traditional technique goes to Sarah Pumphrey (Tasman) 'Three Hundred and Sixty Three' (image, detail)
- The award sponsored by Debbie Copper Real Estate for a work of creative excellence goes to Clare Plug (Napier) with 'Arctic Series: Retreated'
Bottom row, left to right:
- The award sponsored by Dame Suzie Moncrieff and Creative Journeys Workshop for a work that captures the spirit of the show goes to Chloe Rose Taylor (Wellington) for 'Deep Fried' (image, detail).
- Nelson Regional Award, sponsored by Broomfields & Co and NZ Textile Experiences - for the most creative entry by a Nelson/Tasman artist goes to Sarah Arnold and Catharine Salmon for their work that seeks to articulate the sorrow of Mothers, Sisters and Wives of 16 young soldiers from the Motupiko Valley who died in WW 1. (Image, detail of their installation)
Further thanks to Ronnie Martin [Creative Director, selector, judge], Jo Kinross [selector], Lloyd Harwood [admin, selector, judge], Heidi Lucas [admin] and the guest judge Sarah McClintock. And everyone who helped on the set up day and offered their help for the award/opening night. The showcase of finalists and award recipients is on until 24 April [closed Easter weekend]. Monday to Friday 10am - 5pm, Saturday 11am - 2pm.
Leave a Reply.