ACN Administer the Nelson City Creative Communities Local Arts Funding Scheme on behalf of Nelson City Council.
Below, you can download the Application Guide and Application form. Do contact us if you have any queries or would like some advice/assistance with your project proposals.
THE NELSON CITY CREATIVE COMMUNITIES SCHEME
THERE ARE TWO FUNDING ROUNDS DURING 2020 - IN MARCH & SEPTEMBER
THE NEXT ROUND CLOSES 2nd MARCH 2020.
Please apply to this round for projects taking place from Mid-April through to Mid-October 2020.
NB: The Tasman Creative Communities next closing date is 10th March 2020.
Arts Council Nelson administers the Nelson City Creative Communities Scheme on behalf of Creative New Zealand and Nelson City Council. Grants contribute toward arts based projects that clearly demonstrate community benefits. Please refer to guidelines below and do not hesitate to contact us if we can help with any inquiries you may have.
TO DOWNLOAD AN APPLICATION FORM: Please click link above. Alternatively, contact us if you would like one mailed to you or you may collect one from the ACN Office:
Previous grant recipients may download a PROJECT COMPLETION REPORT FORM: Above.
If you are interested in finding out how to become involved as an assessor for this scheme, please contact: Lloyd Harwood - CCS Administrator on 03 548 4640 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
CREATIVE COMMUNITIES—NELSON CITY SCHEME
Funding Criteria To be successful, applications for support under the CCS must show that the proposed project meets one or more of these three funding criteria-
Grants are assisted with support from Creative New Zealand, Nelson City Council and Arts Council Nelson. Assistance is in the form of Grants only.
Groups or individuals may apply. Individuals must be sponsored by an incorporated society or legal body that will be responsible for administrating the funds.
Assistance from the appropriate Funding Scheme must be acknowledged in advertising, publicity material & other relevant documents. The Nelson City logo may be downloaded above.
ACN & CNZ may also ask for material to be supplied for promotional display purposes.
Creative Communities Nelson City Scheme 2018 – 2019 Grant Recipients
- Jesus Ruiz Lopez Dia de los Muertoa - festive cultural Mexican family day $1,000, - Amanda Sears Creative Nelson Publication $1,000, - Nelson Symphony Orchestra Opera Mania $1,000.00,
- Youth & Community Works Rock the South Youth music event $1,000,
- Nelson Repertory Theatre-Public Play Readings $324, - Fabtive Holiday Programme- Creative Workshops. Youth focussed holiday programme $1,000,
- Chroma Chamber Choir Magnificent Bach Choir & Orchestral concert $1,000, - Ellie Fijn Mosaic Sculpture Creation and placement of community created sculptural work $900.
- Duck Bunny Theatre New play reading series to support emerging writers $840, - Nelson Civic Choir Christmas Concert with orchestra & soloists $1,000, - Lisa Allan Fresh FM Arts Show Fortnightly community local arts shows - Nelson Jazz Club Nelson Jazz Festival $2,000, - Kokako Film Production Short Film production of locally scripted and shot film $1,000, - Ari Edgecombe The Water Oracle multi-media installation at Refinery $600, - Jo Kinross The Story inside my head collaborative painting/writing event $400, - Kanikani Manawaroa Resilient dance access dance/drum workshops for women & girls $1,500,
- Luminate Festival Photo/video tutorials/creation of student work for public viewing $1,000,
- Ghost Light Theatre Christmas Variety Shows all ages programme of local performers $2,000, - Little Green Man Productions Matariki Glow Show Children's Puppet Show 1,350, - Histrionics The Red Plague Play with heritage theme $1,160, - Northpark Productions Death Round the Bend Short film about the Mungatapu Murders $1,200, - Tanya Nock Voice Collective Series of lunchtime singing sessions $1,185, - Nelson Festival of Shakespeare targetted at young performers $883.90, - Nelson Live Poets Guest Poets 12 month programme of poetry performances $1,080, - Te Pitau Whakarei Kapa Haka for youth Materials to create costumes for performances $2,600, - IHC NZ Inc Creative expression workshops for people with intellectual disabilities $1,200, - Nelson Civic Choir Carmina Burana Carl Orff Concert with NSO and youth choir $1,000, - Community Art Works Youth Art Project Exhibition themed on the 'No Project' $1,288,
- Vicki Smith Catching Light Installation based on the Campbell Stokes Machine $1,440, - Arts Council Nelson Before I die Public interactive work based on Cindy Chang's concept $1,176,
- Chloe Loftus. Herelessness Creation of an outdoor bungee assisted dance performance $1,500.