The Aesthetica Art Prize is now open for entries.
Presenting an opportunity for emerging and established artists to further their involvement in the art world. The award is an internationally renowned prize presented by Aesthetica Magazine and judged by industry experts.
Enter for your chance to win £5,000 and showcase your work to wider audiences! Categories for entry: Photographic & Digital Art; Three-Dimensional Design & Sculpture; Painting, Drawing & Mixed Media and Video, Installation & Performance. Deadline for submissions is 31 August 2018. Details: www.aestheticamagazine.com/artprize
The Olivia Spencer Bower Foundation Art Award
A yearlong residency in Christchurch. Each Award is for a period of 12 months commencing on 1 January. The amount is determined by the Trustees and is designed to be sufficient to enable the recipient to pursue his or her artistic endeavours for that 12-month period freed from the obligation of employment or other financial constraints. The Awards offered for 2019 and 2020 are each for $30,000.00 and will be payable in equal monthly payments.
More information and applications can be found at: www.oliviaspencerbower.org.nz Or contact Gary Anderson @ Perpetual Guardian firstname.lastname@example.org.
The McCahon House Trust
Is calling for applications from outstanding emerging and mid career professional visual artists for the McCahon House Artists’ Residency programme. Three residencies, each of three months duration, are available between January 2019 and December 2019. The deadline for applications is Friday 15 June 2018 5pm. For more information: http://www.mccahonhouse.org.nz/Residency/ApplyingforaResidency.aspx
Entries open for 2018 National Contemporary Art Award
Waikato Museum Te Whare Taonga o Waikato / Visual Arts Entries are now open for the National Contemporary Art Award, with more $27,000 in prize money up for grabs. Closes: 9 May 2018. To enter the 2018 National Contemporary Art Award, go to waikatomuseum.co.nz/ncaa.
IHC ART AWARDS
Entries to this year’s IHC Art Awards open on Tuesday 1 May. These awards provide opportunities for people with intellectual disabilities to showcase their artistic talents, sell their artwork and compete for the prize money. Entries close on Thursday 31 May and the national exhibition will open in Arts on High on 9 July. For more info: https://ihc.org.nz/art-awards-2018
SHOW ME SHORTS FILM FESTIVAL Entries for the 2018 Festival -final deadline on July 1. For more information: http://www.showmeshorts.co.nz/submissions-for-2018-now-open/
Transformers … 2018/2019
Arts Council Nelson (ACN) invites you to choose a child’s drawing or painting and ‘transform’ it into a wonderful three-dimensional artwork for display over December 2018 & January 2019 in the Elma Turner Library.
People’s Choice Award – Visitors to the display can vote for their favourite work (prizes for artist + lucky voter)
- The project is FREE and open to everyone in the Nelson region. There is no theme, no age or size restrictions; we want you to simply take part and give it a go.
- 3D Transformations must be derived from and clearly represent a child’s original drawing or painting for which the child’s parent/guardian has given consent for use. Drawings will be displayed alongside the object to show the transformation.
- Transformations can be created using any construction method, may be made from any material(s). All artwork will be returned to the creators after the display period.
- Full details at: www.acn.org.nz or pop into the ACN Office at the Refinery ArtSpace.
- Both 2D & 3D Works must be delivered to ACN at the Refinery ArtSpace by 21st November 2018 to be included in the display. Call project coordinator Donna Allfrey on 546 8868 if you have any questions, or pop into the ACN Office at the Refinery ArtSpace and ask Lloyd or Heidi.
Applications now open for Art Expo Nelson 2018
Calling all artists! Applications are now open for Art Expo Nelson 2018 (31 August-02 September, Trafalgar Centre). 4500+ visitors, art prizes and a promotional opportunity too good to miss. For more information and to apply online go to: https://www.artexponelson.co.nz/artists/application-form-2018/ Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ArtExpoNelson/