Arts Council Nelson administers the Nelson City Creative Communities Scheme on behalf of
Creative New Zealand and Nelson City Council, which contributes toward
If you are interested in finding out how to become involved as an assessor for this scheme, please contact Lloyd Harwood CCS Administrator on 548 4640 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
CREATIVE COMMUNITIES—NELSON CITY SCHEME
- For projects that take place within the Nelson City Council wards only
- For project assistance up to a usual maximum of $1200 per allocation, although worthy projects requiring greater assistance will be considered
- Funding are decisions usually made within six weeks from closing date
The two annual grant application closing dates for the Nelson Scheme are:
First funding round: 1st August 2014
~ for projects taking place between 1st September 2014 and the end of March 2015.
Second funding round: 1st March 2015
~ for projects taking place between 1st April 2015 and the end of August 2015.
The Creative Communities Nelson City Scheme Administrator Lloyd Harwood may be contacted via this site should any potential applicants require any assistance in project preparations, or have other enquiries.
Tasman Creative Communities Local Arts Funding Scheme
Please check the TDC website for dates of Tasman funding rounds.
Application forms are available at Tasman District Council offices and Libraries or at www.tasman.govt.nz
To be successful, applications for support under the CCS must show that the proposed project meets one or more of these three funding criteria-
- Broad Community Involvement - the project will create opportunities for local communities to engage with and participate in arts activties.
- Diversity - The project will support the diverse arts and cultural traditions of local communities, enriching and promoting their uniqueness and cultural diversity.
- Young People - The project will enable and encourage young people (under 18) to engage with and actively participate in the arts.
Grants are assisted with support from Creative New Zealand, Nelson City Council.
Groups or individuals may apply. Individuals must be sponsored by an incorporated society or legal body that will be responsible for adminstrating the funds.
Assistance from the appropriate Funding Scheme must be acknowledged in advertising, publicity material & other relevant documents. The appropriate schemes logo will be provided for this purpose.
ACN may also ask for material to be supplied for promotional display purposes.
Assistance is in the form of Grants only. Proposed Projects should:* Show clear benefit the community
* Have an arts and / or cultural focus
* Take place in the district specified for the scheme
* Involve substantial input from the applicants
* Not be underway or completed prior to the completion of the assessment process
Examples of projects which may be funded include:
Performances, workshops/training (tutor costs, materials etc), artist in residence schemes, seminars, some exhibitions, creation of public artworks which involve community participation
Funding will NOT be provided for:
Facility development, land or property purchase & debt servicing, on-going administration & rent, purchase of artwork for galleries, fundraising events, catering, activities which would normally be covered through school budgets, projects already receiving funding from Creative NZ, personal training, projects already underway or completed before the funding application has been considered by the assessment committee.
Grant Recipients from the Creative Communties ~ Nelson City Local Arts Funding Scheme 2012 / 2013 Financial Year:
Barbara Luca Clark, Victory Community Health, Light Nelson, Nelson Symphony Orchestra, Nelson Performing Arts Competitions, Refinery Artspace, Nelson Regional Arts Development Initiative, Nelson Community Potters, Chrissie Cleary, Lydia Peckham, Tomas Hurnik, Alice Robin, Victory Community Association, Nelson Scouts (Stoke Zone), Camilla Besley, Arts Council Nelson, Nelson Jazz Club, Lyndall Howley, Body In Space, Ruby Red Productions, Women In Nelson, Nelson Civic Choir, Religious Society of Friends, Andy Clover, Victory Community Centre, Gwen Daly, Special Needs Dance Group, Kathleen Woodley, Community Art Works, Ngati Raru Iwi Trust, Matt Lawrey and Victory Community Trust.